Monday, October 20, 2014

PeopleSoft "PRMGet failed for component," and Why My Page Wouldn't Load

We recently have had reports of PeopleSoft pages not loading and the "spinner" icon in the upper right corner of the page just continuing to spin. There's not much information about this problem anywhere on the internet, so I thought I'd let you know what we found.


When I looked in the APPSRV__.log file, here's what I found just as I tried to load the offending page:

PSAPPSRV.18566|(37)|[2014-10-20T10:16:58.271... ICPanel](0)|Invalid or missing PeopleCode program Y_INT_PROVIDER.GBL.FILE_ATTACH_WRK.ATTACHVIEW.FieldChange. (2,300)
PSAPPSRV.18566|(37)|[2014-10-20T10:16:58.271 ... ICPanel](0)|PRMGet failed for component Y_INT_PROVIDER market GBL

To find out more about the problem, I went into the Peoplecode  event that the log file referred to, made a change, and tried to save it.  It was then that I saw an error telling me that a record referred to in the PeopleCode did not exist. 

In this case I had deleted the record because I thought I wasn't using it anymore.  I'm not sure why App Designer didn't complain that the to-be-deleted record was still referenced in that PeopleCode event (maybe it did, and I told it to delete anyway), but as soon as I commented out the reference to that no-longer-existing record, my page loaded just fine.

1 comment: