Thursday, March 10, 2016

PeopleSoft Fluid Pages: An Alternative to the CTRL-J Option

At the Alliance Conference in Seattle earlier this week, some attendees were concerned that pressing the CTRL-J keys from a Fluid page would not work for them to see information about the system, their page, component, etc.  Here's a fairly good alternative.

Instead of pressing CTRL-J, place your mouse pointer near the top of the page, right click, and select "Inspect" from the browser's pop-up menu (I'm using Chrome, so your browser may have a slightly differently worded option).

You should see the HTML for your page, similar to what is shown below.  (The screen shot below was taken after I scrolled to the top of the HTML inspection window.) I've highlighted in green those options that are similar to what is shown on the CTRL-J page.  I've highlighted in red a couple of new, helpful options (devicetype and mode).


Sometimes, it seems, the CTRL-J option does work on a fluid page (I actually have to use CTRL-SHIFT-J in Chrome), but I actually think that the above way of seeing the properties that you need to know about is a better one.

No comments: